Wednesday, August 14, 2013

IT'S BURGER TIME!

Hope you're all having a great day! I just got home from work...yummy simple burgers & grilled potatoes for dinner! 
I dont think there is anything better than a perfect burger (except maybe chocolate!). I love getting fantastic tips from people on how they make theirs. I keep mine nice & simple...a little salt, pepper, garlic powder & onion powder. The spice company McCormick has also made burger seasonings which are great as well. Once in a while I also throw in McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning which I adore. Some people think I'm a little crazy with my burger because I put mayo on mine! Yes, you read right, mayo! It gives it a great richness & cuts the acidity of the ketchup. Ketchup, mayo, pickles, onion, bacon & cheese make up my favorite " heart attack on a bun" :) I know it seems like a lot but for the amount of times I treat myself to a burger its all good. 
What are your favorite tips for the perfect burger? I'd love to know!

My Perfect Burger
Ingredients:
1 1/2lbs ground chuck (I like 85/20)
2T garlic powder
2T onion powder
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Lightly oil your grill & heat to medium
Combine the meat & seasonings in a bowl. Mix lightly but thoroughly creating an indentation in the center(this will help the burger cook evenly).
Place patties on the grill & cook over direct heat about 5-7 minutes per side for medium (less for rare-med.rare).
Test for doneness you like.
I do like to let mine rest for 5 minutes under foil to insure my burger stays juicy.

Let me know what you think! I leave you with the words of Wolfgang Puck..."Live, Love and Eat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment