Regina's Favorite Mac & Cheese
1 1/4c. shredded cheddar
1 1/4c. shredded mozzarella
1c. whole milk
1 1/2c. heavy cream
2 Tbsp. flour
1lb. cavatappi pasta
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Saute pancetta until browned but not crisp. Remove from pan & drain on paper towel.
3)In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, melt butter & sprinkle flour over.
Cook flour 1-2 minutes.
4) Add milk & cream until thickened. it will coat the back of a wooden spoon (you should be able to make a line with your finger thru it).
5) Off the heat add 1 cup of each cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt & pepper to your taste. Return pancetta to cheese sauce.
6) Cook pasta 6 minutes & drain well. Combine pasta with cheese sauce.
7) Spray a 1 1/2qt casserole dish with cooking spray. Place mixture evenly in prepared dish and bake covered for 25 minutes.
8) Remove foil & add the remaining cheeses over top & bake uncovered until cheese is melted & lightly browned.