Friday, August 16, 2013

COMFY :)

Good Evening to you all! I was just sitting here reading a magazine (of course it was a cooking mag) and it got me thinking of comfort food. You know all those yummy feel good foods like the classic fried chicken and macaroni & cheese. Those happen to be 2 of my favorite foods in the universe! They would be my last meal on Earth if I had a choice. I got a serious craving for mac & cheese the other day so I had to make it-wouldn't you know for the first time I had none left! No yummy leftovers for lunch the next day :( I decided to share my favorite comfort food recipe with all of you today...this is a first since I have never given this recipe out before. I hope you will all let me know what you think. What are your favorite comfort foods? I'd love to know all about them...share your recipes too!

Regina's Favorite Mac & Cheese

Ingredients:
1 1/4c. shredded cheddar
1 1/4c. shredded mozzarella
1c. whole milk
1 1/2c. heavy cream
2Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
3oz. pancetta,diced
1lb. cavatappi pasta

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Saute pancetta until browned but not crisp. Remove from pan & drain on paper towel.
3)In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, melt butter & sprinkle flour over.
Cook flour 1-2 minutes.
4) Add milk & cream until thickened. it will coat the back of a wooden spoon (you should be able to make a line with your finger thru it).
5) Off the heat add 1 cup of each cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt & pepper to your taste. Return pancetta to cheese sauce.
6) Cook pasta 6 minutes & drain well. Combine pasta with cheese sauce.
7) Spray a 1 1/2qt casserole dish with cooking spray. Place mixture evenly in prepared dish and bake covered for 25 minutes.
8) Remove foil & add the remaining cheeses over top & bake uncovered until cheese is melted & lightly browned.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment