Hello All! Sorry for my long absence! Today, I decided to write about one of my all time favorite childhood desserts...Icebox Cake! Everyone remembers that heavenly frozen treat made with chocolate wafer cookies & whipped cream and how we couldn't wait until it was frozen enough to cut into! Well I know that even tho I work in a supermarket, those chocolate cookies can be a little hard to find so one day when I couldn't find them I used my favorite cookie-a good old Chips Ahoy chocolate chip. This version of icebox cake came out amazing!!!! Some recipes I have found call for dipping the cookie in milk first which I don't think is necessary. I watched an episode of Food Network's Barefoot Contessa(my favorite cooking show) & she made a version with thin chocolate chip cookies & mocha whipped cream. I happen to not be a fan of coffee or coffee flavor so I didn't like that one. Hopefully this little twist on a retro fave will satisfy your sweet tooth & that little bit of nostalgia in you :)
Chocolate Chip Icebox Cake:
2 packages of regular Chips Ahoy Cookies
3 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tsp. Vanilla
Powdered sugar to taste
1) Line a springform or loaf pan with plastic wrap.
2) Whip cream with a few tablespoons of powdered sugar to taste & vanilla until stiff but soft peaks form.
3) Place a layer of cream on bottom of pan and then a layer of cookies breaking cookies if needed. Continue layering cream & cookies ending with cream.
4) Freeze until firm about 6 hrs. to overnight.
5) Remove from pan & "frost" with more whipped cream & chocolate shavings.
* Let stand 20-30 minutes before slicing.*