Monday, May 18, 2015

A Return to Chocolate Heaven

My Dear Friends, by now you've probably realized I have an obsession with chocolate. This sinful delight has been a favorite for my entire life. I do so many things with it as you will see in future posts :) So I was thinking about my Aunt Cheryl and I remembered this absolutely killer chocolate trifle she made for my father's birthday party a few years ago...it was pure Heaven! This is definitely one of those things that you can play around with and make it your own. Now, I am all for using cake baked from scratch but by all means use the best box mix you can find. Also, feel free to substitute Cool Whip for the fresh whipped cream. I am approximating the amounts for this recipe so feel free to message me if you try it & let me know what you changed :)

DIVINE CHOCOLATE TRIFLE:
1 box chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients for making)
2  large boxes chocolate pudding (plus milk for making)
1 quart heavy cream
Heath bar toffee bits & mini chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
1) Make cake according to package directions & cool completely
2) Make pudding according to package &chill
3) Whip cream sweetening with powdered sugar to your taste.
To Assemble:
1)Cut cake into small cubes
2) Layer cake, pudding & cream sprinkling toffee bits & mini chips onto each cream layer. End with cream & sprinkle more toffee & mini chips to garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment