Friday, January 9, 2015

New Year!

Hello my friends! I apologize for my absence. Life was just crazy with the holidays as I'm sure you all know. So I have been trying to figure out the perfect recipe to start the New Year and I think I have it! This is the season for hearty, comforting meals & this one is just that.
Growing up, I always loved my Nana's stuffed shells which I make whenever I can. I decided to try a different version one day so I found this one online. It combines my favorite stuffed shells with chicken & alfredo sauce & it is yummy! Here is my spin on it. Enjoy!

Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Prep Time: 15mn
Cook Time: 50mn
Total Time: 1hr 5mn
INGREDIENTS
1 box jumbo shells
2 cups shredded cooked chicken(I used a rotisserie one)
1 Large container ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 and 1/2 cups alfredo sauce (check out my recipe on here)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1)Cook shells according to package directions. Lay on foil to dry
2)In a large bowl combine shredded cooked chicken, ricotta, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Season with salt & pepper. Add in eggs, slightly beaten.
3)Pour half of the Alfredo sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
Fill the shells with the filling, then arrange the shells on top of the sauce.
4)Top with remaining sauce. Cover and bake for 35-40 minutes.
5)Remove foil & top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered for until the cheese has melted & slightly browned.
You’ll have enough filling for about 20-25 jumbo stuffed shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment