So my life lately has been a whirlwind with so much going on that coming up with something fast for dinner has been paramount. I dug into my recipe book the other night and was instantly hit with an old classic...QUICHE! How on Earth could I have forgotten about it? Quiche is fast,easy & satisfying-perfect!
I usually have all the ingredients on hand and its so versatile so I can change it up any way I want. Here is my tried and true recipe for my favorite Quiche...hope you enjoy it!
4 strips bacon*
1 small onion,diced
9 in. Frozen pie crust
1/2 cup cheese,cubed(whatever you like-the classic is Gruyere but I like cheddar)
2Tbsp. Grated parmesan cheese
3 eggs,lightly beaten
1/2 c. heavy cream or half & half
2 Tbsp. minced parsley
Salt & pepper to taste
1) Place oven rack in lowest position & preheat oven to 375
2) Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon & cook 3-4 minutes until crisp, turning frequently. Remove & drain on paper towel. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp of fat from the pan. In the same pan, cook the onions over medium heat until they wilt, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
3) Crumble bacon and sprinkle over the pie crust along with onions & cheese.
4) In a bowl, whisk together eggs,cream,milk & seasonings. Pour into crust. Place on a baking sheet & bake 45-50 minutes or until firm but not dry.
Serve warm or room temperature
* If you want a vegetable quiche just replace the bacon with 1/2 cup of your favorite cooked veggies.