Monday, October 28, 2013

Quick & Easy

Hello Readers!
  Let's face it, we all have busy lives. I know when I get home from work I don't want to exhaust myself cooking! It's times like this when our handy dandy repertoire of quick, easy & tasty recipes is put to the test. The other night was just such a night for me so I decided to make a recipe I saw on the Food Network. Now, I really wanted this blog to only contain my recipes but this is definitely one to share! Its meaty,cheesy,creamy & sooo yummy! It's Ree Drummond's(The Pioneer Woman) Sour Cream Noodle Bake!! It ends up tasting like lasagna & just takes a total of 30 minutes!! I hope all of you will try it...I know you'll love it...I didn't even have leftovers!

Ree Drummond's Sour Cream Noodle Bake
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep:10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients:
1 1/4 pounds ground chuck
One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces egg noodles
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cups small curd cottage cheese (I used Ricotta)
Pinch red pepper flakes (didn't use)
1/2 cup sliced green onions (less to taste)
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
Crusty French bread, for serving

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Brown the ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain the fat, and then add the tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, and then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
Cook the egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Add to the noodles and stir. Add the green onions and stir.
To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, and then sprinkle on half the grated Cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat and then a final layer of cheese. Bake until all the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Serve with crusty French bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment